Hurray! At last, the WordPress App on your Android-powered device has got a facelift. The new interface is substantially more integrated and hence it enables ease of usability for the users. Also, the new interface greatly attracts the individuals who use blogs on a daily basis.
Let us have a closer look at the following upgraded new interface.
- Menu Drawer is an interface that allows users to navigate to other parts of the application effortlessly. The users can easily access the menu by simply tapping on the arrow on the left of the blog logo. Otherwise, the users can simply swipe the screen from the left side towards the right.
- Suppose, if you are controlling more than one blog through the app, then the drop down menu at the Menu Drawer will show you the list of all your blogs. This menu helps you to switch from one blog to another by using a single interface.
- The Menu Drawer interface remembers the selection you did in your last session. This helps you to start exactly from where you left when you return.
- Another new interface is the Action Bar, which allows users to easily access general features such as creating a new post, sharing with other apps or refreshing the app.
Apart from revamping the interface, several changes have also been done in the WordPress Android app.
- The View Site option in the Menu Drawer allows the users to view their own blog from within the application.
- The Dashboard option in the Menu Drawer helps the users to access the Admin area of their WordPress.
- In the updated app, the content part in the post editor can be extended. This enables users to navigate around the content area and make changes in a post easily.
- Suppose, if your post consists of an image and it couldn’t be uploaded properly, then the post will not be published and it will be saved in the draft, so that you can make changes in the image and publish the post later.
- The WordPress.com Reader is now using an improved cache system that helps faster loading.
- Most of the views, such as list views and the post editor, has been updated as per the Holo Style guidelines.
If you want to use upgraded WordPress on Android, then you can download the app from the WordPress website. If you are not using Android, then you can redirect to the app straight away.