In this fast trend, Internet users are expecting websites with something more than just their appealing appearances, such as user-friendly navigation menus, convenient search options, fast loading of pages and intuitively working without any discrepancies.
Moreover, due to the rapid changes that occur in technology, design trends are also transmuting day by day. Therefore, almost all small, medium, large or even startup companies are building novel websites for their businesses and also revamping them on a regular basis.
Many companies are redesigning their websites often to attract visitors and thus promote their businesses. To compete with them, it is mandatory for you to redesign your website whenever needed. But, before taking steps to redesign your website, consider all these constraints that are prompting you to revamp your website layout.
- Check whether your website is responsive or not: As there is a massive advancement in technology, people have started using high-end devices such as tablets, Smartphones, smart televisions and much more for their browsing activities. So, check whether the users can be able to view your website on their handheld devices. Also, ensure that your website is adhering to all the ethics of responsive web design. If your website is not responsive, you need to redesign your website to make it work on all devices.
- Check whether your website is easy or difficult to keep updated: Check out your record to know when was the last time you revised or updated your website? If your website is not at all updated frequently, then check for the reasons why is it not modified or updated? If the lack of time is the only reason, then try to allocate some time for this purpose. If you really don’t know the reason, then it is the sign that your website needs revamping.
- Check that all the features and functions are working properly: If a website is becoming outdated, then it will be obvious that certain parts of the website are not working properly. So, ensure that all the features and functionalities of your website are working well. If something is not working on your website, then it is the time for you to either remove the particular non-working feature or function or else redesign your entire website to make them working perfectly.
- Check that your website has many broken links, missing images and giving error messages: If your website has some broken links or displaying error messages like “404 not found”, then it seems that your website is not properly organized. If your website has only a few broken links and missing images, then you can fix these problems by simply using Content Management System. However, if your website has a lot of issues similar to this, then a complete redesigning of your website is required.
- Notice whether the loading time of your website is fast or slow: Most web users have limited patience to wait and view the content of a website that takes more loading time. So, it is important for you to have your website loading in few seconds. Generally, experienced developers say that if a website takes more than 5 to 6 seconds to load, then the website needs optimization. If your website takes too much time to load, first figure out the reasons for the slow loading time and then redesign the layout of your website accordingly.
- Scrutinize your visitors that they are profoundly navigating your homepage: Check out whether your visitors are spending more time on the home page of your website. You can do this by simply using software like “Google Analytics”. This software analyzes the time that is taken by the users to view your home page. Suppose, if the users are not spending enough time on the home page of your website, then it explicitly shows that your website requires redesigning.
- Analyze that are you gradually losing visitors: Are you losing visitors coming to your website day by day? Then, analyze the reasons why they are losing their interest on your website. Sometimes, SEO will not be working properly for your website. If that is the case, add some SEO related stuff to your website to get a good rank from all search engines. Else, revamping your entire website is the only choice to entice more visitors to visit your website.
- Ensure that whether the Google is aware of your business or not: In general, Google gives high rank to the websites that have distinctive and quality content.It gives high priority to the websites that have fewer images, appropriately coded and frequently updated. In order to have a properly coded website, you need to get help from experienced web developers. Furthermore, to make your website SEO-friendly, you have to get assistance from SEO experts. By doing all these, you can make your website optimized for all search engines.
Suppose, if your website meets only a few of the above-mentioned points, then it doesn’t mean that your website needs complete redesigning. For example, if your website is taking too much time to load, then it is not necessary to redesign or revamp your website. You can just hire an experienced web developer who can able to fix this problem without revamping your website. Similarly, if you are losing visitors to your website, then it is not mandatory to redesign your entire website, instead, you can just revamp the content of your website to resolve this issue. So, it is up to you to decide whether your website needs redesigning or not. In case, if your website is meeting all the above-mentioned symptoms, then it is evident that your website needs serious redesigning.